About the Corruption Perception Index
- Published by Transparency International since 1995
- The parameters for the index ranking are functioning of public institutions like police and judiciary, press freedom, access to information about public expenditure, stronger standards of integrity for public official.
- Placed India at 79th / 168 countries with a score of 40..
- In CPI 2015-India was placed at 76th position out of 168 countries with a score of 38/100 improving from its position of 85 and 94 in 2014.
- Denmark, New Zealand and Finland top the rankings of least corrupt.
- Somalia, Sudan and North Korea are the worst performing countries.